Click here for the link to apply for the following local scholarships.
- American Landfill Educational Scholarship Fund
- East Sparta Women's Club Scholarship
- The Chase Faiello Scholarship
- "Let the Music Live" Kevin Hall Memorial Scholarship
- Magnolia Lions Club Gus Dieringer Memorial Scholarship
- Minerva Enterprises, LLC Scholarship
- Gary N. Neisel Memorial Scholarship
- Karen Stull Nelms Adversity Award
- Ohio Association of Public School Employees Scholarship (OAPSE/AFSCME Local 450) - must have a parent who is a member of OAPSE to be considered
- Pike Township Historical Society Scholarship Application
- Points of Hope Community Scholarship by Bridge Point Community Services
- Dr. Herman Rugani, Jr. Scholarship (for those going into a healthcare related field)
- Sandy Valley Eagles Scholarship Aerie #3228
- Sandy Valley Education Association Scholarship (SVEA)
- Sandy Valley Science Club Scholarship
- Pam Sewell Magnolia Area Historical Society Academic Scholarship (history related field)
- The Paula Tolin Scholarship
- The Rudolph R. Vannucci CTE/Military Award
- The Rudolph R. Vannucci Academic Scholarship
- Michelle Morris Wilson Memorial Scholarship Application
Sandy Valley Alumni Scholarship
Sandy Valley Alumni Scholarship: Amount varies from $500 - $1,500. Minimum 2.75 GPA. This scholarship has fillable forms you can type in if you download it to your computer.
American Landfill Educational Scholarship FundHealthy, thriving communities depend on involved citizens, organizations, and corporate partners for momentum. We tend our support and services to causes that promote civic pride, economic development, and revitalization. Every community has its own challenges, and we strive always to be part of problem-solving initiatives. This scholarship intends to further education to those interested In being involved, responsible, and interested In their community and the environment.
The environment affects all aspects of our Jives, from the air we breathe to the way we power our homes, to the parklands in which we play. American Landfill Waste Management is committed to helping provide renewable resources to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, and to conserving and maintaining wetlands, wildlife habitats, and green spaces for people's enjoyment. The key to ensuring the preservation of the environment is learning about the Importance of protecting it and acting In an environmentally responsible manner.
The American Landfill Educational Scholarship Fund Is planning to award two (2) one-time scholarship awards to· two different graduating seniors at Sandy Valley High School. The value of each scholarship is $ 3,000.
Must be accepted to a four-year accredited college
Must be a current senior at Sandy Valley High School and of attended Sandy Valley High School for both your junior and senior years
- Your overall GPA must be 3.25 combined for all years in high school
- ACT score of 22
The Chase Faiello Scholarship
This scholarship will be awarded to outstanding students of Sandy Valley High School who hold the ideals of their community close to their hearts. This scholarship is dedicated in the memory of Chase Faiello, who battled the adversity of leukemia, but who always remained cheerful, supportive, and outgoing to his community, friends, and family.
This scholarship will be awarded for a one-time amount of $2,500.00 to a minimum of the best two applicants. The winning application needs to impress upon the selectors how this money will assist them with their vision/goal in life upon graduating from Sandy Valley High School.
"Let the Music Live” Kevin Hall Memorial Scholarship
Must have had band, choir, or guitar in high school.
Aerie #3228 Sandy Valley Eagles
The scholarship fund was created to assist qualifying Sandy Valley High School students with financial assistance to further their education beyond their high school years.
This scholarship, in the amount of $500, shall be granted for tuition, books, or other educational costs associated! with earning a higher level of education. The scholarship will be paid in a lump sum directly to the institution.
1. Candidate must plan to attend a 1-year or 4-year college or trade school.
2. Candidate must be a Sandy Valley High School graduate.
3. Candidate must have applied to and been accepted at an accredited institution.
MINERVA ENTERPRISES LLC SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship was created to financially assist qualifying Sandy Valley High School students in pursuit of a 2-year or 4-year college degree.
The scholarship/scholarships, in an amount (to be determined), shall be granted to qualifying first-year college students for tuition, books, laboratory fees, or other educational costs associated with earning an associate's or bachelor's degree.
The scholarship will be paid in a lump sum directly to the college or university.
1. Candidate must plan to attend a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
2. Candidate must be a Sandy Valley High School graduate.
3. Candidate's overall GPA must be at least 2.50 (on a 4-point scale).
4. Candidate must have applied to and been accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning before funds are dispersed.
5. Candidate must show proof of financial need upon request.
Gary N. Neisel Memorial Scholarship
Gary N. Neisel was a beloved member of the Sandy Valley Community. An avid athlete and Sandy Valley Athletic supporter, Gary rarely missed an opportunity to encourage our Cardinals. An electrician by trade, he recognized the value of hard work and used his skill to the best of his ability. Gary was a man of outstanding character and was a blessing and help to all who knew him. His family would like to honor his memory by providing a Sandy Valley High School Senior with a $500 scholarship. Any high school senior may apply, whether college-bound or enrolled in a trade school. We are looking for an outstanding high school senior who displays the hardworking, caring, and supportive qualities that Gary had. Decent grades, sound character, and need will all be considered in choosing our candidate.
The Karen Stull Nelms Adversity Award
The Karen Stull Nelms Adversity Award is awarded to individuals who, despite life’s many challenges, have shown resilience and perseverance. The award recipient should enjoy learning, have a natural curiosity, and want to better themselves. All students, regardless of GPA, are encouraged to apply.
Ohio Association of Public School Employees Scholarship OAPSE/AFSCME Local 450/AFL-CIO
The OAPSE/AFSCME Union, Local 450, is comprised of the support staff of Sandy Valley Local Schools. The membership consists of the Aides, Bus Drivers, Cooks, Custodians, and Secretaries of Sandy Valley Local School District.
This scholarship was created to assist a.Sandy Valley High School Senior with financial assistance to further their education beyond their high school years. It will be granted for tuition, books, or fees associated with attending a college, university, or technical school in search of a Technical or Vocational Degree. This scholarship will be paid jointly to the institution and the student.
- 2.5 GPA
- Sandy Valley High School Graduate.
- Applicant must be pursuing a technical or vocational degree
- Applicant must have applied to and be accepted at an accredited Institution
- Applicant must maintain good standing in the school and community
- Recommended by the guidance department of Sandy Valley High School
Pike Township Historical Society
The Pike Township Historical Society will give a scholarship to a senior planning to pursue the field of history and/or historical restoration career. This scholarship can be used for books, tuition, or other expenses associated with this field's higher education.
Dr. Herman Rugani, Jr. Scholarship
Herman Rugani, Jr., DDS was an active member of the Sandy Valley community. He was valedictorian of his 1949 Waynesburg High School graduating class, served as a Sandy Valley Board of Education member for 14 years, and was awarded the Sandy Valley Achievement Award. He was a general dentist and orthodontist for a combined total of 41 years. He was very thankful for the opportunities he had in his life and was always willing to help others. Dr. Rugani was an avid believer in "paying it forward", and continually looked toward the future. A lifelong student, Dr. Rugani was viewed by many people as a teacher, mentor and friend.
This scholarship fund was created in memory of Dr. Herman Rugani, Jr. to provide a qualified Sandy Valley High School graduating senior with financial assistance to further his/her education. This scholarship, up to $500, shall be granted for tuition, books, or other educational costs associated with earning a higher level of education.
• The candidate must be accepted into an accredited program to study a healthcare-related field. For example: pre-dentistry, dental hygiene, pre-medicine, nursing, medical or radiology technology program, occupational or physical therapy.
• The candidate must plan to attend a 2 or 4-year college or technical school.
• The candidate must be a Sandy Valley High School graduating senior.
• The candidate must have an overall GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Sandy Valley Education Association Scholarship
1. The applicant must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.8.
2. This is NOT a need-based scholarship.
3. The applicant must be accepted to a college or have evidence of application.
Proof of acceptance or evidence of application must be provided if needed.
4. Payment of the scholarship will be made jointly to the student and university or the university bookstore.
5. Students going into education will get preference, but anyone may apply.
The Sandy Valley Science Club Scholarship
Must be majoring in some area in Science.
Must be a Sandy Valley Senior.
Must have been or currently a member of the Sandy Valley Science Club.
PAMELA SEWELL MAGNOLIA AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP
CRITERIA: The student must be a senior or a graduate of Sandy Valley High School who has maintained good standing in both the school and community.
To receive this $250 scholarship, the recipient must be pursuing a degree in a History-related field such as Museum Science, Archaeology, Preservation, History Education, etc.
The Magnolia Area Historical Society scholarship committee will choose the scholarship recipient.
The Paula Tolin Scholarship
Paula Tolin was the Speech-language Pathologist at Sandy Valley for many years. Her daughter, Kate Tolin Coates, and son-in-law, Jordan Coates, have named this scholarship in honor of her dedication to Sandy Valley Local Schools.
This $1,000 scholarship is intended for a student wanting to go into public education.
The Rudolph R. Vannucci Academic ScholarshipRudy R. Vannucci was a lifelong resident of Waynesburg who exemplified a life of service and reliability in everything he did. He was a World War II veteran and 30-year teacher at Tusky Valley. To honor his memory, a scholarship has been established in his name.
This scholarship will be worth up to $2,500 per year, renewable for 4 years. The exact amount may vary and may be split among several winners.
Award Details: The scholarship recipient will be someone who embodies the ideals Mr. Vannucci exhibited throughout his life. High emphasis will be placed on students who have exhibited involvement in community and/or school service.
• Enrollment in post-secondary education
• Meaningful involvement in acts of service (school, church, community, etc.)
• 3.0 or higher overall GPA
The Rudolph R. Vannucci CTE/Military AwardRudy R. Vannucci was a lifelong resident of Waynesburg who exemplified a life of service and reliability in everything he did. He was a World War II veteran, an industry worker at Hercules Engines, and a 30-year teacher at Tusky Valley. To honor his memory, a monetary award has been established in his name.
This award may vary based on the year and the number of award winners.
Award Details: This monetary award will be designated for students who have completed Career Technical Education (CTE) and intend on entering the workforce or are enlisting in the Military.
• Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
• Completion of CTE program OR
• Enrollment in an Apprenticeship program after graduation OR
• Enlistment in the military
This one-time award is intended to assist graduates with the next phase of their lives- purchasing equipment for further job training, helping with Enlistment expenses, covering costs for tools, etc. Minimum expected award is $250.
Michelle Morris Wilson Memorial Scholarship Application
Michelle was a 1993 graduate of Sandy Valley High School where she was actively involved in many sports and extracurricular activities. She graduated from Mount Union College in 1997 and received her master’s degree from Malone University. She was a devoted Louisville teacher for 19 years, coached volleyball, and oversaw many proms during her career. She married her husband, Dan Wilson of Louisville, in 2004 and was mom to six children, Cody, Gracie, Chase, Drake, Owen, and Levi. She was active in the Mothers of Multiples and a devout member of Fellowship Baptist Church along with her parents, Wayne and Gail Morris, and sister, Lori. Her legacy lives on in her children, as well as the countless lives she touched as a teacher, friend, and community member. Our hope is to keep Michelle’s memory alive by blessing a graduating Sandy Valley senior each year who shares the qualities that made Michelle so special to every person she met. Unwavering strength, tenacity, kindness, and the ability to always find the good in everything and everyone.